- Dues to join are due on March First!
- Our next meeting is March third
- Rebecca Hasulak will be coming to talk about public relations and content hacks for the Lean Start-up
- The national scholarship application deadline is May 31
- We had our elections today! We elected Melinda as the new VP of social media
The nitty-gritty of the meeting
Diane went over out resumes with us
Personal blogs and LinkedIn
Lou went over how to make a good personal website and how to connect with people and strengthen your LinkedIn. See below for some examples.
- Website- should be updated every time you have new content to add to your portfolio
- Can put your resume on your website as an actual webpage in addition to adding it as a download
- What specializations do you have? Why would you be hired?
- In Cronkite’s 305 you learn to make a logo
- Taught us about plugins
- The best way to connect with someone is to add a note
- Wait a bit before you connect with an individual recruiter after applying for something however you can connect with a bigger company
- You want a home page, about page, content you’ve created, and contact, and your social media tags