- The next meeting is our last meeting. We will be electing the 2020-2021 executive board and hearing from Jeff Golner, who used to oversee marketing for the Arizona Diamondbacks and now runs a marketing agency and a K-8 educational curriculum company that uses sports.
- PRSSA National committee elections will be occurring on April 23, our very own president Tiffany is running for a position on the board!
- Virtual leadership assembly will be occurring on April 23 from 12-3 pm EDT and will consist of motivational sessions and keynote speakers.
For this meeting, we heard from the executive ticket candidates for USG on the downtown campus. We also got to hear from Rebecca Hasulak, an ASU grad, author, and specialist in Business to Business (B2B) public relations.
Contact her at email@example.com, she is currently an adjunct professor at the Cronkite School and runs her own PR firm, Quotable PR.
- “Most importantly, we aim to demonstrate our clients’ credibility, authority, and value to their ideal audiences”
- Rebecca started working in college with a magazine, she helped with photoshoots and copy editing
- Out of college, she went to a marketing agency as an office manager
- Then she worked at a B2B agency as an intern
- She got pregnant and formed her own firm, Quotable PR, to have more time
- Her favorite companies to work with are nonprofits, her father’s company, as well as technology companies because she believes they are cutting edge and innovative
- Rebecca wrote a book to help startups understand PR
What is B2B PR?
- B2B: the sector of companies that sell to other companies, rather than an individual customer
- Audience: usually very targeted, often includes a buying committee of multiple people and departments
- Strategy: typically focused on education and credibility, tying products back to customer’s ideal business outcomes
- Key goals: building trust and relationships
- Sales cycle: often longer and more complex
What does one do in B2B PR?
- Content writing
- Ghostwriting or editing
- Contributed articles
- White papers
- Media Relations
- Writing press releases
- Handling newswire distributions
- Pitching journalists
- Scheduling and managing interviews
- Award submissions: writing and management
- Speaking submissions: writing and management
- Interviewing clients’ clients and writing case studies
- What else they do
- Strategic planning
- Goal setting
- Program planning
- Infographic copy (and design suggestions)
- Podcast scripts and planning
- Social media posts
- Web copy
- Executive bios
- Media kits
- Social media management
- Analyst relations
- Influencer relations
- Crisis communications
- Media training for clients
- Strategic planning
What’s an example of a B2B PR campaign?
- Thought leadership: having an expert in a field write a column for a news publication